Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Honey or Vinegar?

As the years go by, I experience more and more bureaucratic baloney most often doled out by those without the capacity to use their noggins; and aggravation due to the unempowered and the just plain rude.  Contrarily, when I experience outstanding service, I am taken aback.  Is this the way it's supposed to be?  Am I to expect the worst and relish in the morsels of kindness and charisma that are so few and far between? 

Leon, my partner, and I are always on the look out for that certain je ne sais quoi (the truth is, we know exactly what, and so do you) in those serving us.  When we find it, it's like a valued treasure!

This blog is my way of calling out those companies and individuals that deserve some attention.  When we, as consumers, spend our hard-earned cash, we are essentially contributing to the salaries of those serving us.  Are we getting what we pay for? 

I'll be taking you on my customer service journeys throughout St. Louis and across the nation; reporting on my findings, offering suggestions to those oh-so-worthless, and granting kudos to the greats.  I'd like to hear your thoughts and contradictions as well as your validations.

Stay tuned and you may find yourself or someone you know called out in my blog as one of the customer satisfaction greats!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I like it Heather! Good job girl!

Heather Reed said...

Thanks Kyle! I enjoyed that article. When I left Anheuser-Busch several years ago, I had my first taste of true freedom. Since then, I have sought out and found many jobs which allow me to work from home on my own time. Companies who are not embracing this are really losing out. I work hard, I get paid for the work I do, and I don't get paid if I don't do my work. When I have worked in a corporate environment, I participated--along with my coworkers--in countless hours wasted socializing, bitching, and waiting. Imagine the efficiency of a company whose entire workforce had the freedom and flexibility to live their lives and still accomplish company objectives. In my blog, I will also touch on matters of "internal" customer service. I may bring this article up again later.

Post a Comment