Recent Posts

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Good Egg


Good eggs in the service industry deserve to be decorated!

"Good morning!  Nice to see you again!  Will it be your usual?  Egg and cheese bagel--cheddar cheese, well-done egg?"  This is how I'm greeted by Tyler Williams of the 9th Street Grill, Purina's in-house cafe.  The last time I entered this place or ordered this sandwich was at least six months prior and before that, I visited only a few times a month.  This woman's memory and interpersonal skills are nothing short of amazing! 

As I patiently waited in the queue to place my order, Tyler worked her magic.  Each of the gentlemen in front of me in line was handled with the same care.  She greeted each one with a smile; and she knew their faces and some of their names along with their “usual” fare.  She offered alternatives to depleted items before her guests even had time to process disappointment.  On top of that, she also cooks everything to order.  Yet she never fails to make a little genuine small talk while she keeps things steadily moving along. 

I have a deep appreciation for anyone who can combine friendliness and efficiency in such an exemplary manner.  Tyler has a warmth and affability that invites people in and sends them away smiling as quickly as possible.  When I see her behind the counter, I know I can sneak in at the last minute and still make it to my morning meeting right on time. 

Kudos to you, Tyler!  Thanks for the "eggstraordinary" service!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love the positive approach! Did you send this to Tyler so she can "see her name in lights?"

Mindy said...

I want Tyler to make my breakfast!!!

Post a Comment